Franklin Electric welcomes Travis Bradley as the new Director of Sales for the groundwater segment of its North America Water Systems Business Unit for the United States.
Travis has more than 16 years of sales experience, including the last 11 years with ITT Inc. and Xylem Inc. in various sales roles, including Territory Manager, Market Development Manager, and most recently Western Regional Manager. During this time, he had visibility to the wide range of pumping application challenges customers face on a regular basis and has proven himself successful at discovering ways to use this understanding to improve their business. His background, experience, and dedication to customers make him an ideal fit for the continued commitment we have here at Franklin to supporting our distributors, their customers, and the water systems industry.
“Travis will develop and manage various customer-driven sales strategies through his team of world-class field sales and service experts, focusing on the value that Franklin Electric’s innovative products, services, and support offering bring to our customers and their businesses,” states Ryan Johnson, Vice President, Sales – US/Canada.
Travis will be located in Denver, Colorado, with his family and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to properly optimize all control box components, so they provide the best possible starting torque and reliability, Franklin Electric has reviewed the start capacitance required for 5-15 horsepower (HP) single-phase motors. We found that combining start capacitors provides the correct amount of current required to start the motor without reducing torque or increasing temperature rise. These changes add value to the water system by extending both motor and control box relay life, while maintaining proper starting torque and reducing the total number of capacitors required for replacement parts from four to three.
These updates have been implemented into production for all new control boxes. All inventory dating back one year from this announcement contains the optimized design. This information will be seen in the next revision of the Franklin Electric AIM Manual and is currently reflected in the wiring diagram located inside each control box.
See the full list of updates in the table below.
Pumps & Systems magazine recently featured an article from Franklin Electric Senior Portfolio Manager, Jeff Frank. With permanent magnet motor technology, you now have a high-efficiency alternative to both vertical line shaft turbine systems (VLSTs) and submersible induction motor systems. Here’s a sneak peek into the article…
"In the past, VLSTs were thought by some to be more efficient than submersible motor systems and even outperformed them in some cases. However, with the permanent magnet motor technology, the playing field has changed, and an advanced solution now offers its own set of advantages.”
Same Look. Same Installation. New Technology.
It’s all about efficiency. The MagForce™ High Efficiency Motor System offers a 90% motor efficiency rating, which is up to 12% higher than traditional submersible motor designs. With permanent magnet technology, you can now offer an investment payback of less than 2 years in most long- or continuous run applications*.
*Results based on field trial data.
SSI Series Submersible Pumps are a cost-effective, high-flow option to meet your demanding pumping challenges in irrigation, agricultural, industrial, and municipal applications.
Available in 6-inch, 8-inch, and 10-inch models with flows from 85 to 1300 gpm at a maximum of 1250 feet of head, this stamped 304 stainless steel construction pump family is fully serviceable and corrosion resistant.
The Choice Is Clear
- High-Volume Solution: Features flows up to 1300 gpm to meet high-volume pumping application demand
- Simple, Modern Design: Stamped stainless steel pump family is fully serviceable
- Unique Construction: I-Blade technology, exclusive to Franklin Electric, increases the structural integrity of the pump’s internal components, pumping more water per horsepower and improving efficiency when compared to traditional impeller designs
- Rugged: Utilizing tungsten inert gas (TIG) progressive welding, the metal materials are mixed during the process, creating a stronger bond for durability in harsh environments
- Reliable: Integrated check valves eliminate back flow, and round shafts increase durability in abrasive environments
SSI Distributor Build Center Video: It's This Easy
The SSI Series comes fully backed by Franklin Electric’s industry-leading Technical Support professionals and Field Service Engineers.
Franklin Electric Co., Inc. (NASDAQ: FELE) has completed the acquisition of First Sales, LLC, an Indiana manufacturer of water treatment and filtration equipment for the residential and commercial markets. First Sales designs, manufactures and distributes its products under the Sterling Water Treatment and Avid Water Systems brand names, primarily for customers in the United States.
Don Kenney, President of Franklin’s North America Water Systems business unit, commented:
“First Sales has developed industry leading products for the professional installer of in-home and commercial water treatment systems. These products are sold through some of the same channels as Franklin’s existing products, and we look forward to continuing to serve First Sales’ customers with best in class quality, service, availability, innovation and cost.”
For more informaton about First Sales, click here.
Check out the new video series from FranklinTECH! Learn all about meters and best practices while troubleshooting Franklin Electric products from water systems industry veteran Mark Reeder. Each video contains specific, easy-to-understand information so you can focus on what's important in your day-to-day operations, instead of worrying about meter training.
Throughout this video series you will see the following topics covered:
Voltmeters – Learn all about voltage, how it is measured, and how it can help troubleshoot your submersible water system's challenges.
Ammeters – Learn all about ammeters, how to use them to measure amperage, and the difference between full-load amperage and service factor amperage.
Ohmmeters and Megohmmeters – Learn how to use ohmmeters and megohmmeters to measure resistance, helping you identify the condition of your submersible system and your entire installation.
Capacitor Testers – Learn how capacitors can improve the performance of your motors and how to troubleshoot them.
We love our MagForce™ High Efficiency Motor System so much we had one installed at our Corporate Headquarters. With a 90% motor efficiency rating that’s 10-12% higher than previous submersible motor designs, what’s not to love? Thank you to M C Wheeler & Sons, Inc. for coming out to replace our well pump.
Here are just a few shots of the install!
Want to learn more about the MagForce High Efficiency Motor System? View the Product Highlight Video.
We are committed to offering availability to both our products and services when and where customers need them. Effective immediately, the Technical Support and Customer Support hours will be extended through September 30, 2019, or beyond, depending on demand.
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
United States: 800.269.0063
- 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
Franklin Electric is proud to announce that the MagForce™ High Efficiency Motor System is now available in a 60-horsepower model, meaning the product line offers three distinct models capable of covering pump horsepower ratings from 7.5 to 60. With permanent magnet technology, these motor systems offer an electrical cost savings and efficiency improvement over previous submersible motor designs.
Key Product Features Include:
- Groundbreaking Efficiency: 90% efficiency rating is 10-12% greater than standard induction motor construction. Typical high-duty rate systems can have a payback* of 1 to 2 years.
- Simplified Inventory Management: Three motor sizes cover pump horse powers ranging from 7.5 to 60. Fewer SKUs simplify your inventory.
- Slash Electricity Consumption: Since the motor has rare earth magnets, there is less electrical energy loss, which translates into greater power output per dollar spent on power input. This saves operational costs every time the motor is run; the more it is used, the more can be saved.
- Horsepower Boost: Capable of a 13.6 percent horsepower boost achieved by increasing the motor’s shaft speed to a true 60 hertz, 3600 rpm**. This allows increased pump output in terms of water volume and total dynamic head pressure without having to pull the system from the well.
- Smaller Footprint: Lighter and easier to handle than standard induction motors and, like all submersible motor systems, provides a smaller above ground footprint when compared to line shaft turbines.
- A Package Deal: When ordered, the motor is shipped with a customized variable frequency drive panel that is preprogrammed for use with a transducer-controlled pump system. This allows simple startup, compatibility with a variety of application types, and is guaranteed to optimize performance and maximize system life. The drive control panel also features real-time monitoring, protection, and customizable application-specific programming software as needed to cover all customer requirements.
*Results based on field trial data
**Not to exceed the high efficiency motor’s max amp rating; motor system is set to a default 3450 RPM
As the world’s first manufacturer of a reliable submersible electric motor for water systems, the new MagForce model is another example of how Franklin Electric continues to dedicate design and build resources to create innovative solutions to meet industry needs.
To learn more, view the MagForce High Efficiency Motor System Product Highlight Video.
Franklin Electric’s MonoDrive UtilityTM Variable Frequency Drive provides an easy-to-install 3-wire constant pressure solution for 230 V submersible pumping systems up to 2 hp in a NEMA 3R enclosure. Requiring only a small pressure tank, it offers a more compact overall footprint compared to traditional water systems, while providing the added value of constant water pressure and built-in motor protection. One MonoDrive Utility replaces up to nine control box configurations, simplifying inventory requirements while providing a more desirable value for the end user.
Key Product Benefits Include:
- Simple Installation: Affordable and easy-to-install drive; most applications require the simple flip of one switch, saving significant time during installation
- Motor Protection: The features proven by Pumptec, now offered in a basic VFD
- Multiple Applications: Ideal for new construction and retrofitting and optimizing an existing 3-wire pumping system
- Simplified Inventory: Replaces the need for multiple control boxes, a pressure switch, and a larger pressure tank
- Cost Effective: Provides total system cost at or below standard installations with pump flows of 10 gpm and greater
MonoDrive Utility is manufactured specifically for water pumping applications by a pump manufacturer, incorporating Franklin Electric’s more than 14 years of drive engineering expertise into its design, and comes fully supported by the industry’s leading Technical Support professionals and Field Service Engineers.
To learn more, view the MonoDrive Utility Product Highlight Video.