Now Available: 60 hp MagForce High Efficiency Motor System
Franklin Electric is proud to announce that the MagForce™ High Efficiency Motor System is now available in a 60-horsepower model, meaning the product line offers three distinct models capable of covering pump horsepower ratings from 7.5 to 60. With permanent magnet technology, these motor systems offer an electrical cost savings and efficiency improvement over previous submersible motor designs.
Key Product Features Include:
- Groundbreaking Efficiency: 90% efficiency rating is 10-12% greater than standard induction motor construction. Typical high-duty rate systems can have a payback* of 1 to 2 years.
- Simplified Inventory Management: Three motor sizes cover pump horse powers ranging from 7.5 to 60. Fewer SKUs simplify your inventory.
- Slash Electricity Consumption: Since the motor has rare earth magnets, there is less electrical energy loss, which translates into greater power output per dollar spent on power input. This saves operational costs every time the motor is run; the more it is used, the more can be saved.
- Horsepower Boost: Capable of a 13.6 percent horsepower boost achieved by increasing the motor’s shaft speed to a true 60 hertz, 3600 rpm**. This allows increased pump output in terms of water volume and total dynamic head pressure without having to pull the system from the well.
- Smaller Footprint: Lighter and easier to handle than standard induction motors and, like all submersible motor systems, provides a smaller above ground footprint when compared to line shaft turbines.
- A Package Deal: When ordered, the motor is shipped with a customized variable frequency drive panel that is preprogrammed for use with a transducer-controlled pump system. This allows simple startup, compatibility with a variety of application types, and is guaranteed to optimize performance and maximize system life. The drive control panel also features real-time monitoring, protection, and customizable application-specific programming software as needed to cover all customer requirements.
*Results based on field trial data
**Not to exceed the high efficiency motor’s max amp rating; motor system is set to a default 3450 RPM
As the world’s first manufacturer of a reliable submersible electric motor for water systems, the new MagForce model is another example of how Franklin Electric continues to dedicate design and build resources to create innovative solutions to meet industry needs.
To learn more, view the MagForce High Efficiency Motor System Product Highlight Video.