6" MagForce High Efficiency System
6" MagForce High Efficiency System
MagForce™ High Efficiency Systems are engineered for high performance, simple startup and incredible long-term cost savings. Based on field trial data, owners and operators benefit from electrical cost savings as a result of 90% efficiency rating in the motor for an investment payback of less than two years in most long- or continuous-run applications.
Each MagForce High Efficiency System is powered with a permanent magnet motor that operates at a fraction of the energy consumption when compared to traditional induction systems. Plus, each system is paired with an innovative Franklin Electric engineered drive for intuitive startup and reliable protection for submersible pumping applications.
Features and Benefits
- GROUNDBREAKING EFFICIENCY: Powered by MagForce High Efficiency Motor with 90% efficiency rating that is 10-12% greater than standard induction motor construction. Typical duty rate systems can have a payback* of 1 to 2 years.
- *Field trial data.
- SIMPLIFIED INVENTORY MANAGEMENT: Three motor sizes cover pump horsepowers ranging from 7.5 to 60. Fewer SKUs simplify your inventory.
- SLASH ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION: Since the motor has rare earth magnets, there is less electrical energy loss, which translates into greater power output per dollar spent on power input. This saves operational costs every time the motor is run; the more it is used, the more can be saved.
- BUILT TOGETHER TO WORK TOGETHER: All components come from a single source for the ultimate in operational compatibility and optimized operation.
- INTUITIVE STARTUP: Each system is controlled by a Franklin Electric variable frequency drive with application-specific firmware that pre-programs settings for quick, easy startups and reliable protection for any project.
- FULLY SUPPORTED: Comes fully supported by the industry’s leading Technical Support professionals and Field Service Engineers.
Ideal for Long-run Applications
- Groundwater remediation
- Drainage water level control
- Municipal/Utility water supply
- Construction site dewatering
- High volume and industrial livestock operations
- Mine site dewatering and tank level control
- Well supply geothermal HVAC systems
Which High Efficiency System Suits Your Application?
Review the differences between systems and decide if your application would benefit more from a MagForce™ High Efficiency Motor System.
- Unlike turbine systems, no line shaft, bearings, or pedestal is needed
- Compact motor provides reduced bearing loads and increased reliability
- Obtain the same HP and pump output in a simplified, compact package
- Results in lower installation and maintenance costs
- * Field trial data
- ** Not to exceed the PM motor’s max amp rating
Motor Type MagForceTM Line Shaft Submersible Induction Size ★★★ ★ ★★★ Cost ★★ ★ ★★★ Noise ★★★ ★ ★★★ Maintenance ★★★ ★ ★★★ Efficiency ★★★ ★★★ ★ Performance ★★★ ★★★ ★★
System with SubDrive Connect Plus
Description MagForce High Efficiency Motor SubDrive Connect Plus* Output Filter Options** Motor Only Max Amps
at HP Load
Model No. Max
Sine Wave Filter NEMA 1/3R 7.5 460 305612911 SubDrive Connect Plus,
2360809566E 11.6 460
SDCP-SUB1043 18 2 MSD0023A300 10 460 2360809566E 14.2 SDCP-SUB1043 18 MSD0023A300 15 460 305612912 SubDrive Connect Plus,
2360809566E 20.5 SDCP-SUB1543 26 MSD0030A300 20 460 305612913 SubDrive Connect Plus,
2360849566E 28.9 SDCP-SUB2043 31 3 MSD0035A300 25 460 305612914 SubDrive Connect Plus,
2360849566E 34.6 SDCP-SUB2543 39 MSD0045A300 30 460 305612915 SubDrive Connect Plus,
2360849566E 41 SDCP-SUB3043 46 MSD0065A300
- The system includes: MagForce High Efficiency Motor with lead and a compatible SubDrive Connect Plus variable frequency drive with pressure transducer and bult-in dv/dt filter. Its easy-to-install platform helps you save time during installation and servicing using an array of setup, monitoring, and troubleshooting solutions.
- *Firmware version 1.7.0 or newer is required for permanent magnet motor (or MagForce) functionality.
- **Sine wave filters are required when using a SubDrive Connect Plus with a permanent magnet motor with lead lengths greater than 1,000’.
System with Cerus X-Drive
MagForce High Efficiency Motor Cerus X-Drive* Output Filter Options*** Motor Only Max Amps
at HP Load
NEMA 3R Panel* NEMA 1 Drive Only dV/dt Filter Sine Wave Filter Model No. H x Wx D (in) Model No. H x W x D (in) NEMA 1 NEMA 3R NEMA 1/3R 7.5 460 2360809566E 11.6 460
XS4B007-3A 36.5 x 26
CXD-013A-4V 5.1 x 9.8
V1K18A01 V1K18A03 MSD0012A300 10 460 2360809566E 14.2 XS4B010-3A CXD-018A-4V V1K25A01 V1K25A03 MSD0016A300 15 460 2360809566E 20.5 XS4B015-3A CXD-024A-4V 7.5 x 12.6
V1K27A01 V1K27A03 MSD0023A300 20 460 2360849566E 28.9 XS4B020-3A CXD-032A-4V V1K55A01 V1K55A03 MSD0030A300 25 460 2360849566E 34.6 XS4B025-3A 41.5 x 29
CXD-038A-4V V1K80A01 V1K80A03 MSD0035A300 30 460 2360849566E 41 XS4B030-3A CXD-045A-4V 9.8 x 15.8
V1K80A01 V1K80A03 MSD0045A300 40 460 2360862166E 56.5 XS4B040-3A CXD-060A-4V V1K80A01 V1K80A03 MSD0065A300 50 460 2360862166E 69.2 XS4B050-3A CXD-073A-4V V1K110A01 V1K110A03 MSD0080A300 60 460 2360862166E 80 XS4B060-3A 46.5 x 29 x 16.4 CXD-091A-4V 11 x 19.7 x 10 V1K110A01 V1K110A03 MSD0080A300 7.5 575 2360809566E 11.6 XP6B007-3A 36.5 x 26
CXD-012A-6V 7.5 x 12.6
V1K18A01 V1K18A03 MSD0012A300 10 575 2360809566E 14.2 XP6B010-3A CXD-018A-6V V1K25A01 V1K25A03 MSD0016A300 15 575 2360809566E 20.5 XP6B015-3A CXD-024A-6V 9.8 x 15.8
V1K27A01 V1K27A03 MSD0023A300 20 575 2360849566E 28.9 XP6B020-3A 41.5 x 29
CXD-030A-6V V1K55A01 V1K55A03 MSD0030A300 25 575 2360849566E 34.6 XP6B025-3A CXD-036A-6V V1K80A01 V1K80A03 MSD0035A300 30 575 2360849566E 41 XP6B030-3A 51.5 x 34
CXD-045A-6V 13 x 21.7 x 10.8 V1K80A01 V1K80A03 MSD0045A300 40 575 2360862166E 56.5 XP6B040-3A CXD-067A-6V 10.6 x 23.2
V1K80A01 V1K80A03 MSD0065A300 50 575 2360862166E 69.2 XP6B050-3A CXD-086A-6V V1K110A01 V1K110A03 MSD0080A300 60 575 2360862166E 80 XP6B060-3A CXD-086A-6V V1K110A01 V1K110A03 MSD0080A300
- The system includes: MagForce High Efficiency Motor with lead and Cerus X-Drive in NEMA 3R panel configurations or as a standalone NEMA drive. The Cerus® X-Drive Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) is Franklin Electric’s all-inclusive drive solution for a variety of markets.
- *NOTE: Firmware version 1.1 or newer is required for permanent magnet motor (or MagForce) functionality.
- **Output filters are required when using an X-Drive with a permanent magnet motor. dV/dt filters cover motor lead lengths up to 800’. A sine wave filter is required for lead lengths greater than 800’
- ***NEMA 3R panels include door-mounted keypad with HOA functionality, a circuit breaker, dV/dt filter, and line reactor or integrated DC Choke
Accessories Detail Used With Part Number PT-100 Sensors 15HP System (UL and non) SubDrive Connect Plus &
Cerus X-Drive models
305327903 30HP (UL and non) 305327903 60HP (UL) Cerus X-Drive models 305327903 60HP (non) 305327903 Pressure Transducer Pressure Transducer, 100PSIG, 4-20mA Cerus X-Drive models PSIG-100-20FT Pressure Transducer, 200PSIG, 4-20mA PSIG-200-20FT Pressure Transducer, 300PSIG, 4-20mA PSIG-300-20FT Optional Cards & Other Modbus TCP/IP Communication Card Cerus X-Drive models CMC-EIP01 I/O Card - Additional 4 digital inputs and 2 transistor outputs EMC-D42A I/O Card - Additional 6 digital inputs EMC-D611A I/O Card - Additional 6 relay outputs EMC-R6AA
- Lightning Arrestor Manual (225594101)
- AIM Manual (M1311)
- AIM Manual Addendum (M1311A)
- AIM Manual - French (M1311fr)
- AIM Manual Addendum - French (M1311Afr)
- AIM Manual - Spanish (M1311sp)
- AIM Manual Addendum - Spanish (M1311Asp)
- SubDrive Connect Plus Quick Start Guide (226203202).pdf
- SubDrive Connect Plus Owner's Manual (226203201)
- Cerus® X-Drive Manual (10000005064)
- Cerus® X-Drive Quick Start Guide (10000005066)