10" MagForce High Efficiency Motor
10" MagForce High Efficiency Motor
Rewindable Three-Phase 250-300 HP, 460/575 V, 120 HZ
Get the streamlined solution needed for pumping power at maximum efficiency: MagForce™ High Efficiency Motors are engineered for high performance, simple startup and incredible long-term cost savings. Owners and operators benefit from electrical cost savings as a result of 94% efficiency rating in the motor for an investment payback of less than two years in typical duty rate systems*. *Results based on field trial data
Each MagForce High Efficiency Motor is powered by permanent magnet technology that enables operation at a fraction of the energy consumption when compared to traditional induction designs. When optimized and paired with an innovative Franklin Electric engineered drive, users benefit from intuitive startup and reliable protection for submersible pumping applications.
Features and Benefits
- GROUNDBREAKING EFFICIENCY: Powered by MagForce High Efficiency Motor with up to 94% efficiency rating that is 6 points (8%) greater than standard induction motor construction. Typical duty rate systems can have a payback* of 1 to 2 years.
- SLASH ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION: Up to 14% energy savings* compared to traditional induction motors.
- SIMPLIFIED INVENTORY MANAGEMENT: Available motor options cover a wide range of pump horsepower needs (up to 300 hp) with fewer SKUs to manage.
- SMALLER FOOTPRINT: Lighter and easier to handle than standard induction motors.
- INTUITIVE STARTUP: When optimized and paired with a Franklin Electric variable frequency drive, expect easy startups and reliable protection for any project.
- BUILT TOGETHER TO WORK TOGETHER: Rely on components from a single trusted source for the ultimate in operational compatibility and optimized operation.
- FULLY SUPPORTED: Comes fully supported by the industry’s leading Technical Support professionals and Field Service Engineers.
- *Field trial data.
Ideal for Long-run Applications
- Groundwater remediation
- Drainage water level control
- Municipal/Utility water supply
- Construction site dewatering
- High volume and industrial livestock operations
- Mine site dewatering and tank level control
- Well supply geothermal HVAC systems
- Sand Fighter® models are equipped with Franklin’s robust Sand
- Fighter sealing system for durability against sand or other
- Max 3600 rpm (4 pole, 120 Hz); Nominal 3450 rpm (4 pole, 115 Hz)
- Maximum temperature winding wire NEMA class 200
- Standard rewindable motor with PE2/PA winding insulation
- 10" double flange mounting design
- All motors with factory installed leads, motor lead length: 19 ft
- Stainless steel shell
- Liquid lubricated radial bearings and high capacity Kingsbury type 13500 lb thrust bearing for 100% maintenance-free operation
- Pressure-equalizing diaphragm, spring pre-loaded
- Sand slinger
- Nominal ambient temperature: 86°F with 1.5 ft/s cooling flow
- Stainless steel splined shaft
- Max. storage temperature: 5°F to 140°F
- System Supply Voltage: 460/575 V (120 Hz)
- Voltage Tolerance: ± 10 % UN
- Frequency of starts: 10 starts/hour (with min. 3 minutes resting time), equally distributed
- Motor ingress protection IP68
- NSF/ANSI 61 Certified
- Motor installation orientation: Vertical / horizontal (shaft end heightened)
- Rotation counterclockwise facing shaft end (rotation reversible)
System with Cerus X-Drive
MagForce High Efficiency Motor Cerus X-Drive* Output Filter Options** Motor Only Max
NEMA 3R Panel*** NEMA 1 Drive Only dV/dt Filter Sine Wave
Model No. H x W x D Model No. H x W x D NEMA 1 NEMA 3R NEMA 1/3R 250 460 2640285331 354 460
XS4BH250-3A 75" x 68"
CXD-370A-4V 31.5 x 16.5 x 11.8 V1K480A01 V1K480A03 MSD0362A300 300 2640295331 423 XS4BH300-3A CXD-460A-4V 39.4 x 19.7 x 15.6 V1K600A01 V1K600A03 MSD0480A300 250 575 2640285331 354 575
XP6BH250-3A CXD-350A-6V 39.4 x 19.7 x 15.6 V1K480A01 V1K480A03 MSD0362A300 300 2640295331 423 XP6BH300-3A CXD-430A-6V 56.5 x 27.6 x 15.9 V1K600A01 V1K600A03 MSD0480A300
- The system includes: MagForce High Efficiency Motor with lead and Cerus X-Drive in NEMA 3R panel configurations or as a standalone NEMA drive.
- The Cerus® X-Drive Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) is Franklin Electric’s all-inclusive drive solution for a variety of markets.
- *NOTE: Firmware version 1.1 or newer is required for permanent magnet motor (or MagForce) functionality.
- **Output filters are required when using an X-Drive with a permanent magnet motor. dV/dt filters cover motor lead lengths up to 800’. A sine wave filter is required for lead lengths greater than 800’
- ***NEMA 3R panels include door-mounted keypad with HOA functionality, a circuit breaker, dV/dt filter, and line reactor or integrated DC Choke
Accessories Detail Used With Part Number Fill Solution FES92 concentrated solution n/a 151300907* Fill Solution Tool Kit Syringe & Test Pin 308018263 PT-100 Sensor 6-12" Rewindable & PM Motors - 32ft lead length Cerus X-Drive models 308016501** Pressure Transducer Pressure Transducer, 100PSIG, 4-20mA PSIG-100-20FT Pressure Transducer, 200PSIG, 4-20mA PSIG-200-20FT Pressure Transducer, 300PSIG, 4-20mA PSIG-300-20FT Optional Cards & Other Modbus TCP/IP Communication Card CMC-EIP01 I/O Card - Additional 4 digital inputs and 2 transistor outputs EMC-D42A I/O Card - Additional 6 digital inputs EMC-D611A I/O Card - Additional 6 relay outputs EMC-R6AA
- '*Mix 1 part FES92 with 2 parts deionized water, shake concentrate prior to using
- '**Reference installation guide for appropriate sensor depth